$50,000 is available to upgrade sport and recreation facilities to support increased participation.
This Participation and Facility Program aims to increase regular and on-going participation opportunities in sport and recreation
There are two distinct project types within the Participation and Facility Program, these being:
Applicants will be required to identify upfront the type of project for which they are applying as different information is required for different project types, for example information confirming planning consent and quotes is required for a facility project type.
1. Deliver a program or service that will assist people to become more active through participation in sport and/or recreation, and/or
2. Build the capacity of the organisation to enhance the provision of sport and recreation services, and/or
3. Provide accreditation or training to develop the skills of volunteers to enable sport, recreation and structured physical activity programs to be conducted in locations across NSW.
1. Improve safety at sport and recreation facilities
2. Improve amenities at sport and recreation facilities
3. Develop environmentally sustainable sport and recreation facilities.
Participation and Facility Program grants are capped at $10,000 for participation projects and $50,000 for facility projects . Participation and Facility Program funding is available for projects throughout NSW.
Organisations may apply for multiple projects or project types; however the maximum available to any one organisation is $50,000 in a financial year. The amount organisations request should reflect the scale of the Participation and Facility Program project.
Organisations must contribute 50% or more to the project. This can include voluntary labour, donated materials and/or equipment or other resources. It is expected that the applicant will cover any administration costs incurred with the project.
Participation and Facility Program funding should be expended within 18 months of the date of signing the funding agreement.
Applicants for the Participation and Facility Program must be:
Projects eligible to be funded through the Participation and Facility Program for Participation include:
Participation and Facility Program funds may be sought for direct costs involved in delivering the project such as lecturer or presenter fees and equipment. Reasonable venue hire and meal costs may also be considered.
Note that no more than 50% of project expenditure may be used on each of the following items:
Projects eligible to be funded through the Participation and Facility Program for Facility Development include:
Participation and Facility Program applications for either project type must clearly demonstrate an identified need for the project and articulate how the project outcomes will be achieved.
Writing a good quality grant application is a critical element in the application process. An application needs to be well thought through, written concisely, have clear objectives and purpose, and show clear links to the objectives of the grant guidelines.
The grant application must answer all questions, provide all required information and respond to the merit criteria. It should also reflect your organisation’s business strategy.
Writing a good application takes time and effort, and requires particular writing skills.
Bulletpoint are expert grant consultants and can assist with all aspects of grant preparation.
Call us on (03) 9005 6789 or email to discuss further.
We can assist with demonstrating:
1. The project will deliver one or both of the program’s overall objectives and project type specific objective/s effectively if provided
2. The project will meet an identified need effectively
3. The applicant organisation demonstrates the capacity and experience to deliver the project. Evidence of project partners will be considered as adding to your capacity to deliver the project
4. The budget is reasonable and cost effective
Closing date for Participation and Facility Program applications is 26 February 2013.