Up to $1,000 to assist in the purchase of sports uniforms.
The Sporting Uniform Grants Program contributes to the Government’s policy priorities to support grassroots sport and recreation clubs create physically active communities, nurture talent and increase participation.
Encouraging participation in sport and active recreation is an effective way of strengthening communities across Victoria. Sport and Recreation Victoria provides grants and funding to support initiatives that help communities to get more active, more often.
Club sport plays a big part in the life of local communities. Being part of a club provides a socially valued role for participants and creates a sense of community membership.
Grants from this program can be used for the purchase of sporting uniforms that are essential for participation in sport, such as:
- football boots
Preference will be given to projects that:
- increase participation in communities with existing low levels of participation in sport and physical activity
- reduce financial barriers to participation in communities with existing high levels of socio-economic disadvantage
- provide uniforms for competitors and active participants (including umpires) rather than for non-playing officials
- maximise the benefit of the grant by providing uniforms that will be owned by the club and used by multiple members or teams over time.
This program provides funds for activities that support Victorian community-based clubs deliver sport and active recreation opportunities. The following
organisations can apply for funding:
- sports clubs
- active recreational clubs.
In addition, to be eligible for funding applicants must:
- be non-government and not-for-profit
- be affiliated with a state sporting association recognised by Sport and Recreation Victoria
- have not received a Sporting Uniform Grant in a funding round with a closing date within the previous 12 months
- be an incorporated body, cooperative or association (including business associations) or be auspiced by an incorporated body, cooperative or association
- possess an Australian Business Number (ABN) or can provide written advice from the Australian Tax Office that no withholding tax is required from the grant payment
- be financially solvent
- adhere to the Victorian Code of Conduct for Community Sport
- provide a quote for the uniforms intended to be purchased (the quote must include details of item type, number and total cost of uniforms).
- school sport and recreation clubs are only eligible to apply if players are not current students (i.e. Old Boys clubs are eligible to apply)
- each individual club can only submit one application per funding round.
The Sporting Uniforms program provides grants of up to $1000 to assist in the purchase of sports uniforms.
Application for Sporting Uniform Grants Program close Thursday 5 February 2015