What is the 2021 COVID-19 Micro-Business Grant?
The 2021 COVID-19 Micro-Business Grant is a program that will provide fortnightly payments to NSW micro businesses (small business, sole traders or not-for-profits) who have been impacted by the recent COVID-19 restrictions.
If you’re a micro-business (small business, sole trader or not-for-profit organisation with aggregated annual turnover between $30,000 and $75,000) impacted by the recent COVID-19 restrictions, you may be eligible to apply for a fortnightly payment of $1,500 to cover business expenses for the duration of the Greater Sydney lockdown.
The 2021 COVID-19 micro-business grant provides cash flow support for micro-businesses in New South Wales who have had their work impacted by the restrictions while continuing to incur business costs.
Payments of $1500 per fortnight.
Eligible applicants can use the grant for business costs incurred from 1 June 2021 and for which no other government support is available, including:
- salaries and wages
- utilities and rent
- financial, legal or other advice
- marketing and communications
- perishable goods
- other business costs.
To be eligible for the grant, you must:
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) registered in, or demonstrate your business was primarily operating in, NSW as at 1 June 2021
- have had aggregated annual turnover between $30,000 and $75,000 for the year ended 30 June 2020
- have experienced a decline in turnover of 30% or more due to the public health orders over a minimum 2-week period within the Greater Sydney lockdown (commenced 26 June 2021 and due to end 30 July 2021), compared to the same period in 2019
- have business costs for which no other government support is available
- have not applied for either the 2021 COVID-19 business grant or the JobSaver payment
- maintain your employee headcount as at 13 July 2021 while receiving payments from this grant, if you’re an employing business
- have this business as your primary income source, if you’re a non-employing business such as a sole trader.
Certain entities, including those primarily earning passive income (such as rents, interest or dividends) or those with an ABN registered after 1 June 2021, are not eligible for this grant.
Non-employing businesses are not eligible to apply for this grant if anyone associated with the business or who derives income from it has received the Commonwealth COVID-19 disaster payment.
For employing businesses, your employees can receive Commonwealth COVID-19 disaster payments if you receive this grant.
Businesses that received the $1,500 small business fees and charges rebate can apply for this grant.
Applications close 18 October 2021.