What is the Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Grants?
The Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Grants is a program that provides organisations with funding for projects that increase understanding, respect, celebration and cultural participation in Aboriginal cultural heritage.
The Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Grants provide funding for:
- Improving knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal cultural heritage by developing heritage management documents for declared Aboriginal Places or, items listed on the State Heritage Register
- Conserving and protecting declared Aboriginal Places and items of Aboriginal cultural heritage that are listed on the State Heritage Register through heritage works projects where the works are:
- outlined in a heritage management document or
- address climate change or disaster recovery and preparedness
- Remediating damage and improving resilience to disasters at other sites of Aboriginal significance that have been adversely affected by natural disasters through targeted heritage works projects
- Increasing understanding, respect, and celebration of Aboriginal cultural heritage through cultural participation projects
This program supports the understanding, conservation and protection of Aboriginal cultural heritage by funding:
- heritage management documents – up to $20,000
- heritage works projects – funding of between $20,000 and $70,000
- cultural participation projects – funding of between $10,000 and $50,000
You can apply for funding towards the following activities:
- Develop a heritage management document – such as a Plan of Management, Conservation Management Plan
or Conservation Management Strategy
- Heritage works project (For Aboriginal Places and State Heritage Register items) – such as interpretation activities, conservation and maintenance works and climate change or disaster recovery and preparedness works
- Heritage works project (For other sites of Aboriginal significance) – such as natural disaster remediation and resilience work
- Cultural participation project – such as educational events, promotional material, digital and web-based products and services
To be eligible, you must be:
- an Aboriginal organisation, Aboriginal Corporation or Aboriginal Community Group, or
- if applying as an individual, consultant, organisation, or Local government organisation, have the demonstrated support of an Aboriginal organisation, Aboriginal Corporation or Aboriginal Community organisation or group
Applicants must also be located in NSW or working with Aboriginal communities in NSW.
If applying for an activity that relates to a specific item or place, you must also:
- have legal responsibility for maintenance and repair of the site and/or the written consent of the landholder/owner
Applications close 08 February 2021.