What is the Aboriginal Tourism Grant Program?
The Aboriginal Tourism Grant Program is an initiative that provides Northern Territory Aboriginal owned and operated tourism businesses with funding to improve their business.
A total pool of $200,000 (GST exclusive) has been allocated for the program. One-off funding of up to $20,000 (excluding GST) is available per business.
This is a competitive grant funding program, therefore the program encourage all applicants to ensure the guidelines and eligibility criteria are met to give the project the best chance of success.
Should an applicant cocontribute to the total cost of the project the amount should be identified in the application as part of the total project value.
Priority will be given to projects that meet the activities or outcomes specified in the Northern Territory Aboriginal Tourism Strategy and the NT’s Tourism Industry 2030 Strategy.
Successful projects must:
- Deliver benefits to an individual business, multiple businesses or to a region
- Be able to be completed by 30 September 2021.
As a guide, examples of projects and activities may include (but are not limited to):
- Small infrastructure development upgrades which enhance the Aboriginal tourism offering
- Contributions towards planning documentation (i.e. business plan, feasibility plan, master plan) or
- Interpretation development projects and activities (i.e. signage, interpretation plan, guiding manuals). Any road signage must align to national standards and requirements of the Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics
To be eligible for the Aboriginal Tourism Grant Program (ATGP) Round 2 the tourism businesses must be Aboriginal owned (greater than 50% Aboriginal owned) and operating in the NT. To be supported through this program, businesses must:
- have a significant tourism focus
- be legally constituted
- be Australian registered
- currently operate in the NT and employ resident Territorians.
Note: For profit and not for profit organisations are eligible to apply.
Agencies of Government and Regional Tourism Organisations are not eligible to apply.
Applications close 29 January 2021.