Up to $50,000 is available for researchers to create projects that contribute to job creation and provide potential investment opportunities.
Accelerate Ideas Fund is available to assist with the cost of research activities undertaken by a Queensland-based publicly-funded research organisation in advancing the commercial viability of a new or existing idea.
Accelerate Ideas Fund will focus on collaborations between researchers and industry to demonstrate the potential commercial viability of a new or existing idea.
The program is seeking projects that are:
- close to market entry
- demand driven
- contributing to business growth
- overcoming barriers to commercialisation
- providing potential investment opportunities.
Grants of between $25,000 and $50,000 (GST exclusive) are available as a co-contribution to recipients of approved projects.
Funding awarded must, at a minimum, be matched by cash contributions (not in-kind) from the applicant.
Eligible project activities may include, but are not limited to:
- commercialisation related research into markets, customers, competitors, supply chains, intellectual property protection, business structure or resource requirements
- advice on market entry, expansion, export development, resource allocation, capital raising and development of a commercialisation business model
- independent assessment of opportunities and risks associated with the commercialisation business model
- independent evaluation of the commercialisation business model.
To be considered eligible for this program a project must:
- be led by a Queensland-based organisation
- involve a partnering arrangement between a business and a Queensland-based, publicly-funded research organisation which are separate entities (i.e. not parent and subsidiary)
The project application must demonstrate that:
- the Queensland-based applicant has an Australian Business Number and will be registered for GST prior to the project commencing
- the project will commence within 3 months and be completed within 18 months of the funding agreement execution.
- the project has a distinct set of activities, with aims and outcomes that are achievable within specified timeframes.
Application closes 30 November 2015