Up to $500,000 is available from Accelerating Growth Loans to provide direct finance to emerging and fast-growth SMEs to accelerate their growth.
Accelerating Growth Loans
Accelerating Growth Loans are direct loans from Jobs for NSW for emerging fast-growth SMEs that are scaling quickly and creating jobs in NSW, but face barriers in accessing finance from traditional lenders.
Accelerating Growth Loans (AGL) aim to drive jobs and business growth by providing emerging scalable fast growth businesses with capital to address barriers in accessing finance from commercial sources.
The AGL aligns with the overarching objectives of the Jobs for NSW Act 2015 (NSW):
- to facilitate the creation of new jobs in NSW in a way that is responsive to changes in the economy
- to facilitate the development and attraction of new businesses, and the consolidation of existing businesses in NSW
- to facilitate the provision of innovative, cost-effective and strategically targeted incentives for economic development in NSW
With an Accelerating Growth Loan:
- your business has access to funding when traditional lenders are unable to assist
- your business can continue to grow with additional capital without requiring personal assets as security
- there are no penalties for early repayment
- there are no establishment fees.
Direct loans ranging from $200,000 to $500,000 are available to eligible businesses at a fixed interest rate of 9.2% for the term of the loan.
To apply for an Accelerating Growth Loan, your business must:
- have a registered ABN and be an incorporated company
- have a minimum of 5 employees (full-time, part-time or casual)
- be creating a minimum of 10 additional FTE jobs within 2 years in metropolitan NSW (Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong)
- have been trading for a minimum of one year
- be able to demonstrate future growth for at least one year, evidenced by secured future pipeline or contracts
- be unable to obtain commercial finance.
Applications open on an ongoing basis.