What is the Accelerating Trade Grant Program?
The Accelerating Trade Grant Program provides Tasmanian businesses with funding to help them undertake activities which will lead to new trade opportunities.
Launched in February 2019, The Tasmanian Trade Strategy 2019-2025 sets a coordinated whole-ofgovernment approach to work with business and partners to grow trade, both domestically and internationally. It sends a positive signal to the market and provides a consistent long-term framework for action.
Initiative 4.1 under the Tasmanian Trade Strategy 2019-2025, the Accelerating Trade Grant Program helps Tasmanian businesses to collaborate, expand their presence and introduce Tasmanian products and services to the world.
The Program provides a grant payment of up to 50 per cent of approved expenses for Tasmanian businesses that demonstrate that the Activity which is the subject of their application will lead to a new trade opportunity. This may involve exploring a new market with an existing product or service; or promoting a new product or service in an existing market.
The maximum amount that will be provided under any application is $10 000; and no more than $10 000 will provided to a single applicant in any one financial year.
Eligible activities may include:
- market research and business-matching services
- promotional activities and materials
- attendance at domestic and international trade shows and events
- in-bound buyer visits to Tasmania
- study tours
- travel to undertake marketing activities
- supply chain improvements and cluster development
To be eligible, you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- be producing, transforming or value-adding to products and / or services in Tasmania and be despatching them from Tasmania
- demonstrate the necessary capabilities, resources and capacity to undertake the trade development activity
- have an annual sales turnover greater than $150,000 and less than $20 million in at least one of the last two financial years, or can demonstrate that annual sales are likely to fall within this range in the current financial year
- be running a financially viable business
Applications open on an ongoing basis.