Up to $15,000 is available for community-based health promotion programs to improve population health outcomes.
The Health Promotion Innovation Fund, provides smaller grants with funding opportunities open three times each year. The fund provides funding opportunities for innovative health promotion projects that seek to test new ways of working and new initiatives.
The Health Promotion Innovation Fund works in support of ACT Health’s overall aim to achieve good health for all ACT residents through promoting health improvements. The majority of available funds are provided to community organisations for projects that promote healthy living, healthy environment, having a healthy community and being healthy people.
The Health Promotion Innovation Fund invites applications for grants of up to $15,000 for innovative health promotion projects of up to 12 months duration that support the ACT Government’s funding priorities.
The Health Promotion Innovation Fund seeks applications for innovative projects which will:
- Improve population level outcomes around overweight and obesity;
- Improve children’s health and wellbeing outcomes in relation to overweight and obesity, including
improving eating habits and increasing physical activity
- Support smoking prevention, reduction and cessation, particularly in high risk groups;
- Support activities which reduce the harmful and hazardous consumption of alcohol;
- Support healthy active ageing through appropriate physical activity opportunities.
Community-based groups, school communities, not-for-profit organisations and ACT Government agencies are welcome to apply.
Application closes 19 October 2015