What is Active Club Grants?
VicHealth’s Active Club Grants is a funding to help community sport and recreation clubs in purchasing core equipment to increase or maintain participation through their club.
VicHealth’s Active Club Grants encourage more Victorians to participate in sport in two focus areas:
- Increasing female participation opportunities
- Supporting social and modified sport programs for less active Victorians.
There are four grant opportunities available, but you can only be successful once:
- Focus Area 1: $3,000 Increasing female participation in sport
- Focus Area 2: $3,000 Supporting social and modified sport
- Focus Area 1: $10,000 Increasing female participation in sport
- Focus Area 2: $10,000 Supporting social and modified sport
This Girl Can – Victoria
- When you apply, you can indicate interest to be considered for additional funding to support VicHealth’s This Girl Can – Victoria campaign.
Active Club Grants are about covering start-up costs to establish new participation opportunities with the intention that these activities can continue into future years. In your application, you will provide a list of items and costings relating to your participation initiative. To be successful, these requested items need to directly relate to your proposed initiative to increase participation.
To be eligible, your community sporting organisation needs to be:
- a community sport club, league or local association
- be based in, and conduct activities in Victoria
- conduct activities that align with a recognised State Sporting Association or a recognised Disability Sport and Recreation Organisations under the classification provided Sport and Recreation Victoria as of round opening
- be an incorporated association, or a company limited by guarantee
- have acquitted previous grants awarded to it by VicHealth (to the satisfaction of VicHealth)
- be able to purchase all requested items within six months of receiving funds (if successful under the $3,000.00 Tier) or 12 months of receiving funds (if successful under the $10,000.00 Tier)
- have not received an Active Club Grant in the past two financial years.
- Aboriginal community controlled/led sport clubs are encouraged to apply
- VicHealth can only approve one application per Incorporation number and ABN (if applicable) .
Applications close 24 February 2020.