Up to $5,000 is available to help commercial businesses reduce energy and water use while lowering operating costs.
The Actsmart Business Energy and Water Program provides cash rebates to eligible entities who undertake eligible energy or water efficiency upgrades at eligible premises in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT).
The rebates help ACT businesses upgrade to more water-efficient and energy-efficient tools, including:
- heating or cooling
- toilets and/or tapware.
The Actsmart Business Energy and Water Program aims to help businesses lower running costs by lowering water and energy. This in turn helps the ACT lower greenhouse gas emissions.
An eligible entity will be entitled to be refunded 50% of the cost of water or energy efficiency upgrade works, up to a maximum of $5,000 (inclusive of GST), identified by the Actsmart assessor in the Energy and Water Action Plan provided the works are undertaken in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Program.
Eligible entities are businesses, enterprises and owner’s corporations (or body corporate) that satisfy the following eligibility requirements.
To be eligible as a business or enterprise (including not for profit organisations):
- the business must not be a government, government-controlled or government owned entity, nor a body corporate; and
- the business and staff must operate from the registered premises which must be in the Territory; and
- operations of the business at the eligible premises must generate electricity bills that total no more than $20,000 per annum (inclusive of GST); and/or
- the number of full-time equivalent employees working at or from the premises must not exceed 10; and
- the premises must not be residential premises (regardless of whether they are also used as a business or enterprise); and
- a maximum of one business per ABN can be registered with the Program.
To be eligible as an owner’s corporation (as defined by section 8 of the Unit Titles (Management) Act 2011):
- the owner’s corporation must not be a government, governmentcontrolled or government owned entity; and
- operations of the owner’s corporation at the eligible premises must generate electricity bills that total no more than $20,000 per annum (inclusive of GST); and/or
- the number of full-time equivalent employees of the owner’s corporation must not exceed 10; and
- a maximum of one owner’s corporation per ABN can be registered with the Program; and
- the owner’s corporation may be residential or commercial; and
- the Program only applies to the common property of the owner’s corporation at the eligible premises.
Application is on an ongoing basis.
- Actsmart Business Energy and Water Program Terms & Conditions
- Actsmart Business Energy and Water Program Registration Form