Up to $2,000 is available for eligible companies to attend the leading MedTech focused conference in North America.
AdvaMed 2015 is the leading MedTech focused conference in North America, bringing companies together in a uniquely multifaceted environment for business development, capital formation, innovative technology showcasing, world-class educational opportunities and networking. It acts as the voice for companies producing medical devices, diagnostic and health information systems.
The Victorian Government, in conjunction with STC and BioMelbourne Network, are leading a major Medtech Mission to the United States in early October 2015.
The mission aims to support promising companies to make new B2B connections, engage with US medtech sector leaders and peak bodies, and grow market and investor readiness.
Attendees include: medtech company executives, policy makers, investors, and the media.
Companies participating in the Trade Mission may be eligible for a Victorian Government subsidy of up to $2,000 towards airfares and accommodation.
You will need to meet the following criteria:
- be headquartered in Victoria or be able to demonstrate a significant contribution to Victoria’s exports and jobs
- be directly engaged in the industry in which the Trade Mission is focused or in business aligned with Trade Mission objective. (Professional service firms (such as accounting and legal), , chambers, municipal councils, and freight companies may apply but will not be eligible for a grant). Industry associations directly representing member companies may be eligible for the grant
- be financially viable
- have a sound case for doing business in the region in which the Mission is focused
- be currently exporting or demonstrate export readiness
- be (or will be) exporting goods or services that are of Victorian origin or demonstrate that significant value add has taken place in Victoria. (Consolidators may only promote Victorian product during the trade mission)
- be represented on the mission by an employee or officer of the company. Distributors, agents or other in market representatives may be invited to participate in events but will not receive grants and are not automatically entitled to all the privileges of a trade mission participant
- not be seeking alternative funding for the same expenses being sought or obtained for this mission
Grants are limited and will be offered on a first in basis.