Up to $1.5 M are available for organisations to do collaborative research projects with industry or small to medium size enterprises.
The Advance Queensland Innovation Partnerships program supports end-users (industry, small and medium size enterprises, public sector and non-government organisations) to undertake collaborative research projects with research organisations that address an industry or end-user issue, within the parameters of the Queensland Science and Research Priorities. Investment in these targeted areas of science and research will build a foundation for Queensland to develop as a global innovation hub and gateway into markets in the Asia Pacific and beyond.
The objectives of the Advance Queensland Innovation Partnerships are to:
- increase the level of collaboration between industry, SMEs and the research base
- boost productivity growth and the competitiveness of existing industries
- accelerate the development of emerging industries and technologies where Queensland could have comparative advantage in global markets
- increase the speed and scale of translation of our science and research into new products, services and business models that can help to drive economic and jobs growth in Queensland.
Grants of up to $1,500,000 (excluding GST) are available for projects with a duration of up to three years.
To be considered eligible for the Advance Queensland Innovation Partnerships your project must:
- address one or more of the Queensland Science and Research Priorities.
- be led by a Queensland-based research organisation (GST registered, with an ABN)
- involve collaboration between the Queensland-based lead applicant and:
- at least one other research organisation
- at least one (preferably more) private or notfor-profit industry/end-user organisation (that will progress the translation and practical application of the research)
- involve partnering organisations that are separate entities (i.e. not parent or subsidiaries of the research organisations involved, and any spin-out companies must have been established for a minimum of one year)
- have a total cash contribution (from the applicant and partner organisations) that is equal to, or greater than, the Innovation Partnerships funding sought
- have a minimum of 25 per cent of the required matching cash funding committed by the private and/or not-for-profit industry and/or end-user project partner(s)
Advance Queensland Innovation Partnerships funding may be used for the following eligible project costs:
- salary costs for project staff (including salary-related on-costs)
- consumables and small equipment (maximum value of $10,000 per item) required specifically for the project
- third party technical validation/demonstration of the product/process
- travel necessary to undertake project activity.
Applications close 26 February 2016.