Up to $50,000 is available from Advanced Development to support screen projects in NSW that are at an advanced stage of development.
Advanced Development supports screen projects that are at an advanced stage of development, have a strong chance of finding partners in the marketplace, and are creatively ready to implement the funding request.
Advanced Development contributes towards later stage draft and non-draft costs to complete financing where a strong interest has already been established in the marketplace.
Applicants can request any amount up to $50,000 but only outstanding market-ready projects with a highly credentialed team will be considered at the upper level. It’s anticipated most requests will be about $20,000.
Advanced Development will fund the development of:
- feature films
- adult and children’s television drama and narrative comedy including series, miniseries, web series and telemovies
- factual and documentary television or web programs and series
- animation series
- creative interactive screen entertainment
Advanced Development contribute to the following:
- draft funding, if there is demonstrated marketplace support
- the development of pitch materials related to financing budget and schedule preparation
- preliminary casting costs
- script readings
- for interactive projects: scripts, advanced graphics or game design
Applicants will generally be a NSW-based Key Creative, individual or company. If you are not based in NSW you must:
- provide evidence of a genuine co-production partnership with a NSW-based company or producer OR
- have at least one NSW based Key Creative (writer, producer or director) attached OR
- satisfy Screen NSW that the project offers outstanding benefits to the NSW screen industry
You must intend to produce or post produce your project in NSW. You must hold the rights in your project.
Teams generally need to include a Key Creative with credits in a relevant genre. If your team does not have these credits, please provide other information demonstrating that you have the relevant market knowledge and relationships.
Application is on an ongoing basis.