Call 1300 658 508
For Grant Assistance
Advanced Manufacturing Growth Fund
Advanced Manufacturing Growth Fund will be investing in capital projects to expand or establish manufacturing operations in South Australia or Victoria.
The Advanced Manufacturing Growth Fund supports capital projects to establish and expand advanced manufacturing activities in Victoria and South Australia. The program aims to transition the manufacturing sector and improve the overall efficiency and competitiveness of firms and the broader economy.
This program has now been superseded by the Manufacturing Modernisation Fund
In November 2015, Bulletpoint assisted Harry & Larry’s Ice-cream secure $1,200,000. Based in Brunswick, Harry & Larry’s manufacture a range of specialty ice creams.
The grant will see 30 new jobs created and investment in a factory expansion with custom engineered production lines, including the latest freezing technology, to make a range of gourmet ice creams and desserts in complex shapes and layers.
In March 2014, Bulletpoint assisted Cottage Cheese Farm secure $765,000 through the Melbourne North Innovation and Investment Fund.
Based in Glenroy, Victoria, Cottage Cheese Farm is a speciality cheese manufacturer making mainly Haloumi, Ricotta and Mozzarella cheeses.
They received funding to assist with construction of a $6M purpose built cheese and yoghurt manufacturing facility. The project will allow them to expand current operations and introduction of new product lines.
The Advanced Manufacturing Growth Fund aims to support the Australian Government’s commitment to promoting Australia’s competitiveness and productivity, including facilitating a strong manufacturing industry which exploits domestic competitive advantages.
The Advanced Manufacturing Growth Fund will support the Australian Government’s goal by funding capital projects that aim to:
- accelerate private sector investment in areas of high value manufacturing in Victoria and South Australia, and;
- assist firms to build scale and capability and be competitive in new or growing markets.
Grants will include support for small and medium-sized firms that have demonstrated capability to access and capture marketing opportunities.
The Advanced Manufacturing Growth Fund provides grants ranging from $500,000 to $2.5 million with grant funding of up to one third of eligible project costs. $47.5 million of new funding committed is committed over 2 years.
To be eligible you must:
- be a small or medium enterprise (SME) with up to 199 full time equivalent employees
- be an entity incorporated in Australia
- engage in trading activities that:
- form a sufficiently significant proportion of its overall activities; or
- are a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation.
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
In order for a project to be considered eligible for the Advanced Manufacturing Growth Fund, the project must:
- have at least $1.5 million in Eligible Expenditure a
- take place at a manufacturing site based in South Australia or Victoria; and
- not involve the movement of business activity from other areas of Australia to Victoria or South Australia.
For the purposes of an Applicant’s Application, the maximum Project duration is three years from the Project commencement date as set out in the Funding Agreement. There is no minimum Project duration.
The Programme Delegate may consider requests that extend the Eligible Project duration after a Grantee has entered into a Funding Agreement with the Australian Government as represented by the Department.
Projects may include activities at multiple sites, provided the sites are in the same State and the activities are part of the same Project.
Eligible Advanced Manufacturing Growth Fund activities include:
- acquisition, installation, construction and commissioning of new machinery and equipment;
- fit out, alterations and/or extensions to existing premises related to the new machinery or equipment acquired through the Project; and
- training directly related to the use and maintenance of any new equipment or machinery to be acquired through the Project.
Writing a good quality grant application is a critical element in the application process. An application needs to be well thought through, written concisely, have clear objectives and purpose, and show clear links to the objectives of the grant guidelines.
The grant application must answer all questions, provide all required information and respond to the merit criteria. It should also reflect your organisation’s business strategy.
Writing a good application takes time and effort, and requires particular writing skills.
Bulletpoint are expert grant consultants and can assist with all aspects of grant preparation. We are an independent grants consultancy and not affiliated, associated nor endorsed by any government agency.
We know what it takes to secure this grant.
Email Ben Cusack now [email protected]
Call 1300 658 508
For Grant Assistance
Advanced Manufacturing Growth Fund applications close