Up to $10,000 is available for Tasmanian advanced manufacturing enterprises to develop new markets, encourage business expansion and job creation.
Advanced Manufacturing Marketing Expansion Program
The Advanced Manufacturing Marketing Expansion Program is designed to enable Tasmanian advanced manufacturing enterprises to undertake market development activities to establish new interstate and international markets.
The Program may provide assistance to:
- commission market research and business matching services
- undertake marketing activities and planning
- undertake and develop promotional activities, including advertising
- attend key trade exhibitions and promotions
- assist with inbound buyer visits to Tasmania
- support companies collaborating on the establishment of new markets.
The objective of the Advanced Manufacturing Marketing Expansion Program is to support advanced manufacturing enterprises to explore and seek new opportunities and markets, both interstate and internationally.
Funding of $200,000 is available this current financial year, $100 000 in 2017-18 and $150 000 in 2018-19.
The Advanced Manufacturing Marketing Expansion Program provides up to 50 per cent of the cost to enterprises of developing new interstate and international markets. Maximum grant assistance is $10 000 subject to an amount no less than the grant being contributed by the applicant in cash (ie. not in kind).
To be eligible for financial assistance from the Advanced Manufacturing Marketing Expansion Program the:
- applicant must have an Australian Business Number and be registered for GST;
- applicant must demonstrate the necessary capabilities, resources and capacity to undertake the market development activity;
- applicant’s products must be produced in Tasmania and have an Australian content of at least 51 per cent and be dispatched from Tasmania;
- applicant cannot receive in excess of $10 000 per financial year under this Program irrespective of the number of marketing activities;
- applicant must not be a claimant of the Austrade Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) or any other Department of State Growth market development assistance scheme for the same activity;
- applicant must have annual sales turnover greater than $300 000 and less than $20 million;
- applicant must not be a consultant or intermediary
- applicant must not be subject to any legal disability, including bankruptcy or liquidation.
Joint applications are acceptable for collaborative marketing activities.
Application is open on an ongoing basis.
- Program Guidelines