What is the Advanced Manufacturing Tender Incentive Program?
The Advanced Manufacturing Tender Incentive Program is a grant opportunity to support Tasmanian-based advanced manufacturers to seek specialist bid and tender writing consultants to support the preparation of defence and other specialist tenders.
There are billions of dollars’ worth of defence contracts up for grabs and Tasmania has many highly capable, niche advanced manufacturing businesses. The Advanced Manufacturing Tender Incentive Program is designed to encourage Tasmanian advanced manufacturers to think big and give them the best chance to secure lucrative tenders in these highly specialised fields.
The program has been established to support the Tasmanian Government’s Advanced Manufacturing Action Plan 2024, the Tasmanian Defence Industry Strategy 2023 and the Tasmanian Antarctic Gateway Strategy 2019.
Funding of $300 000 is available 2021-22 and $300 000 in 2022-23.
Reimbursement of up to 50% of approved costs to a maximum of $40,000 is available
The program provides a reimbursement of up to 50 per cent of approved project costs up to a maximum of $40. Eligible project expenditure cannot be retrospective. Examples of eligible expenditure include the following.
- Engagement of consultant services to assist with developing a submission to an Approach to Market notice for a defence or other specialist procurement.
- Engagement of consultant services for third party testing or products or services to confirm they meet Approach to Market notice documentation and specifications.
- Engagement of consultant services for third party review of submissions to an Approach to Market notice to ensure the submission is compliant and fit for purpose.
- Tier 2 only: Dedicated internal procurement project management wages and salaries – up to 25 per cent of grant value if appropriately demonstrated within the application and acquittal.
To be eligible, you must:
- demonstrate that you are a Tasmanian-based advanced manufacturing enterprise
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- be registered for goods and services tax (GST)
- have annual sales turnover greater than $300,000
- not be a consultant or intermediary
- not be subject to any legal disability, including bankruptcy or liquidation.
Applications open on an ongoing basis.