What is Advanced Manufacturing Voucher Stream?
The Advanced Manufacturing stream under the Boost Your Business Voucher Program has been established to support businesses to:
- Develop and/or introduce new products and services into their businesses
- Implement process enhancements and adopt advanced business models
- Enter new export markets and secure global supply chain opportunities.
To deliver on this, the Advanced Manufacturing Voucher Stream has been established to achieve the following objectives:
- increase the development and commercialisation of new products and advanced manufacturing processes by Victorian manufacturers
- increase the adoption of new or improved business capability by Victorian manufacturers, and
- increase the number of Victorian manufacturers entering new export markets and securing global supply chain opportunities.
The achievement of these objectives will contribute to one or more of the following outcomes:
- improved productivity and competitiveness of Victorian manufacturers
- the creation of new jobs for Victorians, and
- increased exports.
Vouchers in this stream are capped at a maximum value of $50,000 (exclusive of GST).
Recipients must contribute a minimum of 50 per cent of the total costs of services. Recipients will be eligible for up to two Vouchers under this Voucher Stream.
Vouchers under the Advanced Manufacturing Vouchers stream are offered for three different types of support:
- Fastrack to Export vouchers are primarily intended to support one on one, bespoke services to individual Victorian manufacturing companies to secure international market development and export opportunities. Eligible Activities include:
- Marketing and Branding Strategy (international)
- Market Development Plan (international)
- In-Market Support (international)
- Intellectual Property (export related)
- Manufacturing Innovation vouchers are primarily intended to support commercialisation and late stage research and development rather than early stage research and development activities or ‘business as usual’ activities. Preference will be given to projects that are likely to result in commercialisation of new products or development of new innovative processes in the short to medium term. Eligible Activities include:
- Process Innovation
- Product Development
- Intellectual Property
- Enhancing Manufacturing Capability vouchers are primarily intended for projects that will significantly transform the Applicant’s competitiveness rather than “business as usual” activities. Preference will be given to projects where evidence is provided that the capability enhancements identified will assist the applicant to obtain a specific new business opportunity or opportunities, such as entry into a global supply chain or access to a new revenue stream. Eligible Activities include:
- Business Process and Systems Improvements (other than coaching and mentoring)
- Business Transformation
- Financial Management Planning
- Industry Standards Implementation & Certification
- Tender Guidance
- Marketing and Branding Strategy
- Market Development Plan
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for assistance under the Advanced Manufacturing Voucher Stream:
- Are a business registered in Victoria with an Australian Business Number (ABN);
- Meet any co-contribution requirements with eligible cash expenditure;
- Be a legal entity that is currently engaged in manufacturing or the manufacturing supply chain or able to demonstrate a genuine commercial connection to the manufacturing supply chain;
- Meet all industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards;
- Have an operating presence in Victoria;
- Employ more than 20 staff or have an annual turnover of greater than $1.5 million (preference will be given to Applicants that employ less than 200 people);
- Conduct the majority of proposed activities in Victoria in partnership with a Registered Service Provider (for service activities that specifically relate to international or in-market support, it is understood that these activities may occur outside of Victoria); and
- Agree to participate in future program evaluation activity.
NOTE: Commonwealth, State and Local Government agencies and bodies are not eligible to apply.
Applications close 22 December 2019.