Up to $50M is available from Advancing Renewables to support projects can deliver affordable and reliable renewable energy for Australian families and businesses.
Advancing Renewables Programme
The Advancing Renewables Programme supports a broad range of development, demonstration and pre-commercial deployment projects that have the potential to lower the cost and increase the use of renewable energy technologies in Australia in the long term.
The Advancing Renewables Programme is delivered by the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA).
The Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) was established by the Australian Government on 1 July 2012 under the Australian Renewable Energy Agency Act 2011 (as amended) (ARENA Act) with a remit to improve the competitiveness and increase the supply of renewable energy in Australia.
The Advancing Renewables Programme aims to fund projects that contribute to one or more of the following outcomes:
- reduction in the cost of renewable energy
- increase in the value delivered by renewable energy
- improvement in technology readiness and commercial readiness of renewable energy
- reduction in or removal of barriers to renewable energy uptake
- increase in skills, capacity and knowledge relevant to renewable energy.
Advancing Renewables Programme grants are expected to be between $100,000 and $50 million. Applicants need to match the funding sought from ARENA.
Activities must either:
- involve a renewable energy technology or
- involve methods (including desktop studies and analysis) that can contribute to the programme outcomes.
The renewable energy technologies may include hybrid technologies and technologies that are related to renewable energy technologies (including enabling technologies).
To be an Advancing Renewables Programme applicant you must:
- at the time of applying, hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and
- unless applying for funding for Desktop Studies and Analysis,
- be (or warrant that you will be at the time of entering into a funding agreement) an Australian entity incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) or
- be a Commonwealth entity prescribed as a government business enterprise by section 5(1) of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Rule 2014 or
- be an Australian State or Territory owned corporation or a subsidiary of an Australian State or Territory owned corporation or
- be an Australian local government or council.
Applications open on an ongoing basis.