More than 30 projects involving nurse practitioners will be funded under the Nurse Practitioner – Aged Care Models of Practice Program.
The Gillard Labor Government is investing $18.7 million to expand the role of nurse practitioners in residential and community based care.
The ageing of the population is changing the face of care. People in aged care homes have more complex care needs than was the case ten years ago. Many older people are choosing to remain at home as they age so the need for comprehensive community aged care is also increasing. The increase in the number of people requiring more complex support and care means there will be additional demand for skilled aged care staff.
The Gillard Government is investing more than $300 million over four years to build the capacity of the aged care sector and develop the skills of the workforce.
Successful applicants are being funded in all states and territories, including services in rural, regional and remote areas, and organisations that provide Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and culturally specific care.
Nurse Practitioner Funding recipients are:
- Menzies Research Institute Tasmania
- La Trobe University
- Adelaide North East Division of General Practice
- Queensland University of Technology
- The University of Newcastle
- Calvary Retirements Communities Hunter Manning Ltd
- Brightwater Care Group Inc
- Royal College of Nursing ACT
- Hunter New England Local Health District
- Hobart District Nursing Service Inc
- General Practice Network South Inc
- Department of Health – Queensland
- Murrumbidgee Medicare Local Limited
- The Bethanie Group Inc
- The Nurse Practitioner Acute Care Team Pty Ltd
- Illawarra Retirement Trust Ltd
- Bushland Health Group Limited
- Bass Coast Regional Health
- Southern Cross Care
- Anglican Retirement Villages Diocese of Sydney
- North East Valley Division of General Practice Pty Ltd
- Sir Moses Montefiore Jewish Home
- Silver Chain Nursing Association Inc
- Royal Freemasons Ltd
- Resthaven Incorporated
- Sunblade Enterprises Pty Ltd
- Holistic Medical Care Pty Ltd
- Denise Gay Simmons – Independent practitioner
- Joyce Donnelly – Independent practitioner
- Charles Darwin University
- Rumbalara Aboriginal Co-operative Ltd
Did you miss out on funding. Contact us on 9005 6789 to see how we can make your next bid more competitive.