Call 1300 658 508
What is the AgriFood and Beverage Voucher Program?
The AgriFood and Beverage Voucher Program is an initiative that provides small agrifood and beverage businesses with vouchers to engage business consultants or technical experts.
The WA Agrifood and Beverage Voucher Program has been established to support eligible small businesses operating in Western Australia (WA) who are seeking to grow their business to:
- Increase direct and indirect jobs;
- Improve international competitiveness;
- Facilitate growth, diversification and expansion domestically and internationally through the provision of expert advice;
- Research technological solutions to improve efficiency and resolve digital problems;
- Encourage sustainable and socially responsible business practices and improved environmental outcomes; and
- Lower carbon and greenhouse gas emissions
Eligible businesses may apply for up to two vouchers this round with a maximum combined value up to $15 000 (depending on total sales turnover) and are required to match the voucher funding dollar-for-dollar.
Call 1300 658 508
Vouchers may be used to support contracting of professional consultancy services in 1 or more of the following categories:
- business planning (e.g. business evaluation/plan)
- manufacturing for business growth (e.g. primary producers to manufacturing, quality assurance, QA certification, digital and technology and other innovation)
- sales and marketing (e.g. e-commerce strategy development, online marketing plan and analytics, marketing planning, competitor analysis, customer insights, branding, packaging design, and preparing for export)
- financial health (e.g. structure for capital raising, financial projections, investment memoranda, pitch decks, and succession planning)
- environmental sustainability and social responsibility (e.g. Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) strategy development, planning improved outcomes for environment and/or communities with measurable business co-benefits, sustainable packaging, waste stream repurposing, energy efficiency and carbon assessment etc).
Vouchers will be provided to competitive WA businesses that meet the eligibility criteria and whose business development objectives are most closely aligned with the State Government’s objectives including:
- Growing and diversifying the State’s economy – Future jobs and skills;
- Stronger, safer communities;
- Investing in climate action;
- Investing in the regions.
To be eligible for the AgriFood and Beverage Voucher Program, applicants must:
- be a food or beverage manufacturer for all voucher categories, or a food producer intending to transition to food or beverage manufacturing for the ‘Manufacturing for Business Growth’ category
- be registered in Western Australia with an Australian business number (ABN)
- have an annual sales turnover of between $100,000 and $10 million
- have operated for a minimum of 18 months
- be incorporated in Australia with non-tax-exempt status.
Applications close 27 March 2023.