What is the Alcohol Secure Grant?
The Alcohol Secure Grant is a program that provides funding to operators of licensed premises to help them protect their alcohol stock from theft or damage.
If you operate a licensed premises in the Northern Territory (NT), you may be able to get funding to help protect your alcohol stock from theft and damage.
Licensed premises can include:
- other liquor retailers
The Alcohol Secure Grant must be used to purchase and install fittings and equipment that will be permanently fixed to the business. Any works undertaken must improve the security and safety of any alcohol stock on the premises.
Funding may not be used for security cameras or other passive security measures.
Under the program, eligible applicants can get up to $20,000 in funding.
The first $10,000 requires no co-contribution. You need to make a matching dollar-for-dollar contribution for amounts between $10,001 and $20,000.
The works must be done by a Territory-based business.
The contracted business will need to be approved under the program before any works start.
To receive funding, you must be a business or organisation that is either:
- duly incorporated under an Act of the Northern Territory or the Commonwealth, or
- a sole trader or partnership operating under a NT registered business name.
Your business must also meet all of the following:
- be physically located in the NT
- service customers or clientele from a shopfront or have at least one external publicly accessible entry/exit point
- offer goods and/or services to the public
- have no more than 100 proprietors and employees, including contract employees, engaged by the business or any controlling entity/ies
- hold a valid Australian Business Number (ABN)
- hold a valid subsisting licence to sell liquor on or from the premises under the Liquor Act (NT) and not be in breach of that licence.
Applications close 30 November 2020.