Up to $40,000 is available from ALF to drive the development of new relationships with the private sector that can deliver improved funding outcomes.
Arts Leverage Fund (ALF)
The Arts Leverage Fund (ALF) works to promote private sector giving by matching eligible cash sponsorship and philanthropy dollar for dollar, while leveraging government investment in Queensland-based arts and cultural organisations.
The Arts Leverage Fund (ALF) is a three-year rolling fund that incentivises the growth of private sector support. The fund doubles the impact of investment by matching eligible cash sponsorship and philanthropy dollar for dollar until a capped ceiling is reached.
The fund strengthens the viability of arts and cultural organisations by driving the development of new relationships with the private sector and builds awareness of the benefits of business and philanthropic communities investing in arts and culture.
The key objectives of the Arts Leverage Fund (ALF) are to:
- Grow private sector support for the arts in Queensland by matching cash sponsorship and philanthropy, doubling the impact of investment
- Support arts organisations to improve their financial sustainability by building successful private sector relationships
- Build awareness in the business and philanthropic communities of the benefits of investing in arts and culture and the importance of a thriving arts community.
In a given year, arts organisations have the choice of applying to receive up to $40,000 in matched funds, or a 40% increase above their baseline fundraising performance, whichever is the higher amount or advised by Arts Queensland.
Funding for the program is $4.5 million over 3 calendar years 2015 to 2017. Funding will be spread across the three years. When available funds are fully committed no further applications will be processed that year.
Only arts organisations that have received Arts Queensland funding from 1 July 2013 through the Projects and Programs Fund, the Organisations Fund or are recognised as Major Performing Arts Organisations by the State and Federal Governments are eligible to apply.
- be a Queensland-based legally constituted not-for-profit arts organisation
- have received Arts Queensland funding from 1 July 2013 through the Projects and Programs Fund, or equivalent Queensland Arts Showcase Program, the Organisations Fund, or are recognised as Major Performing Arts Organisations by the Queensland and Australian governments
- have a registered and current Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have satisfied the requirements of any previous Arts Queensland funding
- have a demonstrated track record and have been in operation for at least 2 years
- have a set of current audited financial statements for the past 2 years that clearly breaks down cash and in-kind sponsorship and donations
- have pre-approval for the Arts Leverage Fund (to gain pre-approval, please contact your Arts Queensland Client Manager).
Applications open on an ongoing basis.
- Fund Guidelines
- Fund FAQs