What is the ANZAC Day Proceeds Fund?
The ANZAC Day Proceeds Fund is a program to assist organisations whose principal objective is to provide welfare to the ex-service community.
The ANZAC Day Proceeds Fund provides practical support to the veteran community through the provision of funding for a range of welfare related activities. Funding is provided to assist organisations whose principal objective is to provide welfare to the ex-service community.
In April 2020 the Victorian Government committed funds to support the Victorian veteran community impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
For a proportion of the funding, priority will be given to projects that are responding to COVID-19 impacts. There is one funding round per year.
If you are successful, you will be required to enter into a Common Funding Agreement with DPC that sets out the terms and conditions along with reporting requirements of the grant.
It may not be possible to fund all projects for which applications are submitted. You may however be offered a smaller funding amount than applied for in your application. In this instance, a revised project plan and budget may be requested.
The project must be completed within the timeframe specified in the funding agreement. Any variation or extension to an approved activity must be requested in writing and submitted to DPC for approval prior to implementation.
Funds must be spent on the project as described in the application and Common Funding Agreement and any unspent funds must be returned to DPC.
The ANZAC Day Proceeds Fund program can be used for:
- direct welfare services, programs or assistance that is targeted to the ex-service community, for example, assistance with the payment of living expenses
- welfare for those in the ex-service community who are socially or geographically isolated, for example, the cost of providing access to activities
- health and wellbeing programs and activities for veterans and/or their families
- education and school expenses for veterans dependants for example school uniforms, books and excursions
- operating costs for the provision of welfare, for example, the costs of providing transport for shopping, social activities and welfare needs
To be eligible for the ANZAC Day Proceeds Fund program an organisation must:
- demonstrate that its principal objective is to provide welfare to the ex-service community
- be an incorporated body
- possess an Australian Business Number (ABN) or can provide written advice from the Australian Taxation Office that no withholding tax is required from the grant payment
- be financially solvent
- be based in Australia provided the project is located in Victoria
- have submitted a Final Report or Progress Report for any previously provided or current Victorian Government Veterans Grant
Unincorporated organisations may arrange for an incorporated organisation to act as an auspice on their behalf.
Applications close 31 August 2020.