Up to $50,000 is available to support activities that would benefit the arts sector and the wider public, including national and international audiences.
Arts Projects for Individuals and Groups
The Arts Projects for Individuals and Groups program funds a range of activities that deliver benefits to the arts sector and wider public, including national and international audiences.
The Arts Projects for Individuals and Groups program are available from $10,000 to $50,000. Supported activities must last no longer than three years from the proposed start date.
Please note, if your application to a grant round is successful, you will not be eligible to apply to the next grant round (excluding Playing Australia and the Contemporary Music Touring Program).
The Arts Projects for Individuals and Groups program will fund a range of activities, for example:
- the creation of new work
- practice based research
- creative development
- promotion and marketing
- market development activity
If you are applying as an individual or group, you must be a practicing artist or arts worker and an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Applications for funding to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander panel must come from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals or groups.
Applicants can’t apply if:
- They received a grant, or administered a grant, from the Australia Council in the past and that grant has not been satisfactorily acquitted
- They owe money to the Australia Council
- They were successful in the previous round
- They have already made three applications to categories listed under Australia Council Grant Programs this calendar year (funding proposals submitted to categories under Other Grants and Opportunities are not counted as one of your three applications).
The Australia Council offers three grant rounds each year for this category. In 2017, the grant rounds will close on:
- 7 February for projects starting after 1 May 2017
- 6 June for projects starting after 1 September 2017
- 3 October for projects starting after 1 January 2018.
Technical support will not be available after 7pm on the closing day. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application approximately 12 weeks after the closing date.