Up to $50,000 is available from Asia Gateway Voucher Stream to help businesses and organisations develop the capabilities and connections they need to access and expand into Asian markets.
Asia Gateway Voucher Stream
Asia Gateway Vouchers help Victorian companies and organisations design and implement their Asian market development plans – building on the capabilities and connections they need to access and expand into Asian markets.
In April 2016, the Premier announced the establishment of the ‘Asia Gateway’ initiative, which coincided with the release of the Victorian Government’s China Strategy – Partnerships for Prosperity.
The Asia Gateway Voucher Stream, announced in August 2017 with Globally Connected: Victoria’s Trade Statement, forms a key part of the Victorian Government’s approach to building Victoria’s Asia capabilities, connections and engagement with Asia.
The Asia Gateway Voucher Stream is seeking Voucher projects that align with the Stream objectives:
- Capitalising on growth opportunities in Asia – Voucher projects will increase immediate to short-term business activities with Asian markets.
- Connecting and expanding into Asia – Voucher projects will provide businesses with the know-how, networks and skills for effective access to and expansion into Asian markets.
- Increased Asia capabilities – Voucher projects will better position businesses and organisations for long term engagement with Asian markets.
- Vouchers in this stream are capped at a maximum value of $50,000 (exclusive of GST)
- Applicants must contribute a minimum of 50 per cent of the total costs of services
- Recipients will be eligible for only one voucher under this Voucher Stream
Eligible services under the Asia Gateway Voucher stream come under the overarching umbrella of Market Engagement which will assist companies and organisations to identify and secure Asian market development
and export opportunities. Services activities may include:
- Marketing and Branding Strategy Development
- Market Development Plan
- In-Market Support
Asia Gateway Vouchers are available to small to medium businesses and organisations seeking to increase their export and business activity with an Asian market. Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for assistance under the program:
- Are a business registered in Victoria with an Australian Business Number (ABN);
- Meet any co-contribution requirements with eligible cash expenditure;
- Meet all industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards;
- Have an operating presence in Victoria;
- Employ 20 to 200 staff or have an annual turnover of greater than $1.5 million; and
- Agree to participate in future program evaluation.
NOTE: Commonwealth and State agencies and bodies are not eligible to apply.
Applications for Round 2 close 13 July 2018.