Up to $20,000 is available to support charities with projects aiming to improve health & wellbeing, safety, environment and education.
The Aurizon Community Giving Fund program was established by Aurizon, one of Australia’s biggest rail freight companies, to provide relevant and sustainable support to communities in the areas of health and wellbeing, community safety, environment and education.
The Aurizon Community Giving Fund grants will only be available for charitable projects that affect the immediate areas in which Aurizon operates, including:
- North Queensland
- Central Queensland
- South East Queensland
- Hunter Valley/Newcastle
- WA, Perth
- WA, Geraldton
- WA, Kalgoorlie
- WA, Esperance
Since 2011, Aurizon have helped over 220 charities and community groups around Australia. It doesn’t matter how big or how small the charity or project is, if it benefits the communities, Aurizon wants to help it succeed.
Aurizon, working in conjunction with Good2Give, has established the Aurizon Community Giving Fund program to prvide cash grants to charitable projects aimed at providing health and wellbeing, community safety, the environment and education in the local communities in which Aurizon operates and their employees reside.
The Aurizon Community Giving Fund grants will be based on a minimum of $1,000 and a maximum of $20,000 per grant. Please note that the final grant amount awarded to a successful applicant may vary from the amount originally requested in its application.
The Aurizon Community Giving Fund is focused on the broad areas of health and wellbeing, community safety, the environment and education. All applications for an Aurizon Community Giving Fund grant must fit within at least one of these funding categories to be eligible for consideration.
These funding categories are defined as follows:
Health & Wellbeing
- The Aurizon Community Giving Fund seeks to provide grants to initiatives that improve a community’s health and wellbeing, such as cardiovascular health related projects e.g. getting active/physical activity or healthy lifestyle programs, and mental health support.
- The Aurizon Community Giving Fund seeks to support initiatives that increase safety and security in our local communities, such as projects related to emergency response, crime prevention, natural disaster prevention and minimisation measures, accident prevention and road safety.
- The Aurizon Community Giving Fund seeks to support initiatives that promote environmental enhancement in the local communities, and in particular, initiatives that are focused on improving biodiversity of natural habitats, community conservation and environmental education (for example, land rehabilitation and revegetation programs, clean-up and education days and local conservation projects).
- The Aurizon Community Giving Fund seeks to provide support in areas such as literacy and numeracy, life education, apprenticeships and traineeships, and in particular, increasing and retaining skills in regional areas.
The organisation applying for an Aurizon Community Giving Fund grant must be endorsed by the Australian Tax Office (ATO) as a Deductible Gift Recipient Item 1. All successful applicants will be required to supply their ABN so that a check of its DGR status can be carried out.
Applications close 21 October 2016.
- Aurizon Community Giving Fund Guidelines Terms & Conditions
- Aurizon Community Giving Fund FAQs