Up to $200,000 is available from Automotive Innovation Lab Access Grants to undertake a range of activities to enhance the automotive product design and development process.
Automotive Innovation Lab Access Grants
The Automotive Innovation Lab Access Grants will provide grant funding to support businesses to undertake a range of activities to enhance the automotive product design and development process including:
- design, prototype and testing activities undertaken at specialised facilities and service organisations.
The objectives of the program are to:
- support business to access automotive test facilities and design and prototyping services
- support new automotive product development and enhance business capability for Australian businesses, building their capacity to deliver diversified product offerings and supply to local and international markets.
The intended outcomes of the program are:
- increase in automotive design, prototype and testing activities
- expanded high value automotive manufacturing operations.
For this grant opportunity, $7 million is available over three years from 2018-19 to 2020-21.
The grant amount will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs.
- The minimum grant amount is $50,000
- The maximum grant amount is $200,000
The remaining 50 per cent of eligible project costs we consider your contribution.
To be eligible for the Automotive Innovation Lab Access Grants, your project must use an external facility and:
- include eligible activities and eligible expenditure
- have at least $100,000 in eligible expenditure.
Eligible activities must directly relate to the development of new or enhanced products with automotive application and can include:
To be eligible for the Automotive Innovation Lab Access Grants, you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be an entity incorporated in Australia (includes an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust) and be a trading corporation, where your trading activities
- form a sufficiently significant proportion of the corporation’s overall activities as to merit it being described as a trading corporation; or
- are a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation.
Automotive Innovation Lab Access Grants can only accept applications:
- where you provide evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- where you provide evidence of how you will fund your share of project costs.
Applications close 13 December 2018.