$2 billion Automotive Transformation Scheme provides funding to automotive companies to encourage competitive investment and innovation.
Need An Automotive Grant?
Call 1300 658 508
Automotive Transformation Scheme
The Automotive Transformation Scheme provides assistance, in the form of cash payments, for investment and production to automotive participants registered in one of the following categories:
- motor vehicle producers (MVPs)
- automotive component producers (ACPs)
- automotive machine tool and automotive tooling producers (AMTPs)
- automotive service providers (ASPs)
The Automotive Transformation Scheme aims to encourage competitive investment, innovation and economic sustainability in the Australian automotive industry.
Automotive Transformation Scheme participants will be entitled to receive assistance in the form of quarterly cash payments from 1 January 2011. All participants will be able to claim assistance for:
- 50 per cent of the value of eligible investment in R&D
- 15 per cent of the value of eligible investment in P&E.
MVPs will also be able to claim assistance for allowable production of motor vehicles, engines and engine components for local and export markets.
Capped funding will be split 55 per cent to motor vehicle producers and 45 per cent to non-MVPs.
The Automotive Transformation Scheme have two stages that run from 1 January 2011 to 31 December 2020 and include:
- capped assistance of $1.5 billion from 2011 to 2015 (Stage 1)
- capped assistance of $1 billion from 2016 to 2020 (Stage 2)
- uncapped assistance of approximately $847 million.
Assistance will be progressively phased down over the period.
Modulation of payments will occur to ensure that assistance does not exceed $300 million per Automotive Transformation Scheme year in Automotive Transformation Scheme stage 1.
You are eligible to apply for registration as a MVP if you produce in Australia at least 30,000 motor vehicles or 30,000 engines annually.
You are eligible to apply for registration as an ACP if you produce in Australia at least one kind of automotive component annually for use as original equipment in at least 30,000 motor vehicles or 30,000 engines and the production value of the component was at least $500,000 in the previous 12 months OR you produce in Australia original equipment components with a production value of at least $500,000 annually, comprising at least 50 per cent of the production value of all automotive components produced.
You are eligible to apply for registration as an AMTP if you produce in Australia automotive machine tools or automotive tooling with a production value of at least $500,000 annually, where at least 50 per cent of that value was for automotive machine tools and automotive tooling used to produce original equipment.
You are eligible to apply for registration as an ASP if you provide in Australia automotive services with a production value of at least $500,000 annually, where at least 50 per cent of the production value was for services related to the production of motor vehicles or original equipment.
Applications close 31 December 2018.
Writing a good quality grant application is a critical element in the application process. An application needs to be well thought through, written concisely, have clear objectives and purpose, and show clear links to the objectives of the grant guidelines.
The grant application must answer all questions, provide all required information and respond to the merit criteria. It should also reflect your organisation’s business strategy.
Writing a good application takes time and effort, and requires particular writing skills.
Bulletpoint are expert grant consultants and can assist with all aspects of grant preparation.
Call 1300 658 508
- ATS Fact Sheet
- ATS Customer Guideline – Introduction
- ATS Application For Registration Form
- ATS Application For Transfer Of Investment
- ATS Extension Of Time To Lodge QR Factsheet
- ATS Fact Sheet Modulation
- ATS National Interest Fact Sheet
- ATS Quarterly Return Form
- ATS Registration In The National Interest Form
- ATS Request For Online Access Form
- ATS Request To Change Details Form
- ATS Third Quarter Business Plan Update Form
- ATS Transfer Of Registration