Up to $100,000 is available from Better Fishing Facilities Grants Program to support projects that benefit recreational fishers and contribute to boosting participation.
Better Fishing Facilities Grants Program
A key component of Target One Million is the Better Fishing Facilities grants program, which funds projects that deliver clear benefits to recreational fishers and contribute to boosting participation.
The Better Fishing Facilities grants program operates in addition to the Recreational Fishing Grants Program that re-invests fishing licence fees into worthwhile projects.
The government has allocated $46 million over 4 years to deliver a range of commitments under the Target One Million program to grow recreational fishing in Victoria.
One of the key components of the Target One Million program is the delivery of the Better Fishing Facilities grants program which will guide investment into:
- Recreational fishing reefs and Fish Aggregating Devices (FADS),
- improving access for land and boat based fishers, and;
- delivering better recreational fishing facilities and infrastructure.
The Better Fishing Facilities grant program provides funding up to $100,000 towards recreational fishing infrastructure and access projects.
Favourable consideration will be given to projects that:
- Improve access to marine, estuarine and inland waters for boat based fishers by:
- Installing new or upgrading existing boat launching facilities for recreational fishers
- Installing new and upgrading existing jetties and pontoons to assist launching and retrieval of recreational fishing vessels
- Improve access to marine, estuarine and inland waters for land based fishers by:
- Re-opening or upgrading tracks and roads to popular land based fishing locations
- Building new or upgrading existing piers and jetties
- Installing pedestrian stiles over fences.
- Improve infrastructure and facilities at popular fishing locations including:
- Provision of lighting
- Provision of seating and shelters
- Install fish cleaning tables/facilities
- Install educational and informative signage.
- Develop new or expand existing recreational fishing reefs to benefit recreational fishing species.
- Deploy Fish Aggregating Devices (FADS) for popular recreational species.
- Restore and enhance riparian and aquatic habitat for recreational fishing species.
Applications open on an ongoing basis.