Up to $60,000 is available from BISI to help NT businesses to undertake research and development that can lead to new products, processes or services.
Business Innovation Support Initiatives (BISI)
The Business Innovation Support Initiatives (BISI) Program is funded by the Northern Territory Government through the Department of Business as a pilot program aimed at supporting innovation in the Small-to-Medium-Enterprises (SME) business sector in the Northern Territory.
The Business Innovation Support Initiatives (BISI) Program objectives are to:
- stimulate, initiate and promote innovation
- kindle and inspire excitement in and a drive for innovation in SMEs (Small-toMedium-Enterprises)
- drive creativity, and inspire new ideas
- encourage and facilitate new partnerships
- enable and assist new collaborations to test and develop new ideas
- support businesses and appropriate service providers to commercialise new ideas that create wealth and jobs.
There are two types of BISI funding available to NT businesses. These are:
Innovation Voucher Scheme
This program is open year round, and provides up to 60% support for eligible projects. Each voucher is worth up to $25,000 (exclusive of GST).
Innovation Grant Scheme
This funding program has a competitive application process that runs in rounds. It will provide up to 50% support for eligible projects, with a small number of grants worth up to $60,000 (exclusive of GST).
Projects are supported in the areas of science, engineering, technology and design.
You can get support for projects including any of the following:
- conducting knowledge searches (scientific / technical / IP)
- developing experimental plans with researchers
- initiating R&D activities / trials
- undertaking feasibility studies
- building prototypes
- obtaining patents
- accessing specialist research facilities.
Eligible applicants include organisations that must:
- Be based and registered in Northern Territory.
- Be incorporated non-profit organisations.
- Have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Businesses with fewer than 100 employees.
Applications close 26 November 2018.