What is the Biz Secure Program?
The Biz Secure Program is a grant opportunity to help Northern Territory businesses to improve the safety and security of their premises against break-ins.
Individual businesses or a cluster of businesses can apply to receive a voucher to undertake an independent security audit and to implement one or more of the recommended eligible security improvement jobs.
The Biz Secure Program provides funding of up to $20,000 for individual businesses and $50,000 for clusters of businesses.
For individual business applicants, up to $18,000 will be available in contribution toward the cost of eligible works on the basis that the program will contribute the first $8,000, and the eligible recipient matches dollar-for-dollar the contribution sought from the program thereafter.
For cluster business applicants, up to $43,000 will be available on a dollar-for-dollar matching basis to make improvements based on the security audit.
To apply you must:
- be incorporated under an Act of the Northern Territory (NT) or the Commonwealth, or is a sole trader or partnership operating with a NT registered business name
- be physically located in the NT
- operate from commercial premises
- offer services to customers from a shopfront premises or have at least one external publicly accessible entry / exit point
- offer goods and / or services to the public
- have no more than 100 employees
- have been incorporated / registered, and
- hold a valid ABN.
The program is not available for:
- Businesses that don’t operate from a fixed premises (for example, mobile businesses).
- Publicly listed companies.
- Home based businesses or businesses operating from residential premises.
- Businesses that do not operate from commercial premises.
- Large shopping centres
- Government and local government bodies, businesses and organisations
- Educational institutions, schools and businesses / organisations operating out of educational institution / school grounds, including pre-schools.
Applications close 30 November 2020.