Up to $25,000 is available from Blue and Green Business Program to improve water efficiency from the Rous Water regional water supply system.
Blue and Green Business Program NSW
The Blue and Green Business Program can provide financial assistance to businesses, schools and other non-residential water users of the Rous Water regional water system to:
- improve their water efficiency
- reduce their demand for water from the water system.
Since the program began in 2009, ver 40 businesses have accessed the program to become more water efficient and make savings on their water bills. These businesses have achieved a combined water saving of over 60 million litres each year.
Rouse Water promotes the efficient use of potable water and provides financial assistance to businesses that undertake water saving and water efficiency projects. Projects that reduce the demand for water from the Rous Water regional water supply system are eligible for financial assistance. Water audits are also available for eligible businesses. Walk-through audits are free and assistance can be provided with more complex audits.
Simple walk-through audits are free and financial assistance is available for more complex audits.
The funding is in the form of rebates and these are:
- Toilets and urinals – $150 per toilet
- Showerheads – $50 per showerhead
- Taps – $75 per tap/tap set
- Rainwater tanks – $1,500 (for tanks between 2kL and 10 kL)
- Commercial washing machines – $500 per machines
- Water recycling – lesser of $3,500/ML/A saved or 50% of project costs
- Leak repairs – lesser of $3,500/ML/A saved or 50% of project costs
- Water meters – 15% of the cost of purchase and installation of the meters
- Other – lesser of $3,500/ML/A saved or 50% of project costs
There is an upper limit of $25,000 in rebates per organisation.
To be eligible, you must be a business, school or other non-residential water user located in the local government area of:
- Richmond Valley.
At a minimum, you must:
- be a non-residential water user
- have your water supplied by Rous Water regional water supply
- have a project that improves your water efficiency and reduces usage from the Rous Water regional water supply.
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
Applications open on an ongoing basis.