What is the Book Now for Aboriginal Tourism Businesses Grant Program?
The Book Now for Aboriginal Tourism Businesses Grant Program is an initiative that provides funding to NT Aboriginal owned tourism businesses to help them implement an online booking platform.
The Book Now for Aboriginal Tourism Businesses Grant Program aligns with the Northern Territory Aboriginal Tourism Strategy to improve the visitor experience and encourage visitors to travel to our regions and stay longer.
Funding may be used to implement:
- an online booking system to integrate on to a current website
- a website that features a booking system.
A total of $50,000 (excluding GST) funding is allocated for the Program. Applicants are encouraged to ensure the guidelines and eligibility criteria are met to give the project the best chance of success.
Successful applicants will access up to $5000 + GST funding
As a guide, examples of projects and activities may include (but are not limited to):
- implementation of a recognised booking system approved by Tourism NT; Booking systems such as (Room Manager, Rezdy,Newbook, RMS)
- contribution towards initial setup costs and up to 12 months of booking system fees
- implementation of a turnkey website featuring a booking system and up to 12 months of turnkey website fees*
- contribution towards training of the new booking system*
- contribution towards data entry of existing bookings into the new system*
* only if in conjunction with new booking system.
To be eligible, businesses must:
- be an Aboriginal tourism focused business situated and operating in the NT
- be greater than 50% Aboriginal owned
- be legally constituted
- be Australian registered
- have a current Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) listing or have applied for one at time of application
- be a member of, or have applied for one at the time of application in a peak industry body, such as Tourism Top End, Tourism Central Australia, or Hospitality NT
- employ resident Territorians.
Applications close 18 May 2022.