Up to $10,000 is available for SME to engage an accredited energy auditor to conduct an energy assessment.
The BSA Energy Efficiency Program aims to encourage business to become more aware about how they use and manage energy within their organisation. This $300,000 grant program (over three years) will provide small to medium enterprises committed to controlling their energy costs with grants to help them undertake an energy audit and identify real opportunities to become more energy efficient.
The Business Sustainability Alliance (BSA) is an initiative of the South Australian Government. The Alliance brings together the combined expertise of four State Government agencies at the forefront of providing environmental and sustainable guidance to businesses based in South Australia.
The agencies involved are The Department of Trade and Economic Development (DTED), SA Water, Zero Waste SA and The Environment Protection Authority (SA). The BSA is coordinated through Innovate SA, an incorporated business advisory organisation, funded primarily by DTED to assist business growth and economic development for the State.
Energy consumption continues to grow in Australia and around the globe. To meet the growing demand, energy suppliers and generators are investing vast amounts of capital in infrastructure to ensure a quality of supply. This investment coupled with the potential introduction of a carbon price is driving energy cost ever higher.
Increased uptake of cost-effective energy efficiency technologies and processes will help Australian businesses maintain competitiveness as Australia moves towards a low carbon economy.
The BSA Energy Efficiency program is aimed at small-to-medium South Australian companies committed to energy efficiency to help reduce their energy usage and related costs. The program will enable a company to engage an accredited energy auditor, associated with the program, to conduct an energy assessment of their South Australian operation.
Each participating company will be supported in obtaining a detailed energy audit report containing the following information:
- An energy and greenhouse gas emissions profile including the identification of carbon risk and liabilities in line with the relevant reporting standards
- Advice on capturing and analysing performance data from energy systems, before and after improvement measures are undertaken
- Identification of energy efficiency opportunities within the company’s operations
- Cost-benefit analysis of identified improvements
- A strategic action plan to implement recommended improvements
Successful applicants to the program will each be able to receive 75% of the cost of their energy assessments, up to $10,000 (excluding GST).
An applicant must be:
- A registered, solvent south Australian-based business with an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be a non-tax exempt company incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001
- Willing to work with the BSA to undertake a comprehensive energy assessment through one of the accredited auditors associated with the program
- Willing to enter into an agreement with Innovate SA (on behalf of the BSA) to convert economically viable energy efficiency opportunity recommendations into actual savings
Eligible applicants must have:
- Energy as a significant percentage of their current product or service cost
- The potential for 15% minimum reduction in energy usage (against a baseline)
- A strategic and financial commitment to achieving energy reduction targets within two years
- Preparedness to participate in case-study development
- Business growth and potential export plans for the next three years
Note: Preference will be given to small-to-medium manufacturing based organisations that, though the application process, demonstrate the potential and commitment to achieve ‘significant’ energy and carbon emission reductions.
Companies wishing to participate in the BSA Energy Efficiency program must complete the application form and respond to all the specified criteria within the round. Applications will only be accepted during the application round openings.
For further information and an application form, please contact Saindhav Tamhane, Business Advisor Business Sustainability at Innovate SA on email@example.com or visit the BSA
website at www.innovatesa.com.au/bsa