Up to $50,000 is available to help manufacturing businesses grow and diversify.
The Business Transformation Voucher Program (BTVP) will help businesses develop and implement new activities or improve existing operations with the aim of enhancing the profitability, productivity and competitiveness of South Australian manufacturing firms.
On 21 January 2014, the South Australian Government announced the establishment of a Business Transformation Voucher Program (BTVP), a $4.5 million initiative to support small and medium sized enterprises to gain expert advice that will assist their business to grow and diversify
The objectives of the Business Transformation Voucher Program (BTVP) are to:
- Improve the profitability of South Australian manufacturers by facilitating increased:
- Diversification through developing new markets, products and service offerings
- Productivity through process improvement
- Competitiveness through innovation and strategy
- Encourage innovation within manufacturing firms through supporting the development of new capabilities, new markets and new customer offerings.
- Create and retain manufacturing employment.
- Increase potential for exports, by increasing the global competitiveness of firms.
Vouchers of up to $50,000 are available for businesses to engage with providers that can help them with:
- reviewing their current business and manufacturing processes
- marketing and branding
- business models and business planning
- management training and mentoring
- getting the business ready for exporting
- putting review recommendations in place.
The BTVP will be delivered by the Department of State Development.
The BTVP is a competitive program that is awarded based on the merit of applications. The program will run over three financial years from 2014-15 to 2016-17.
Funding will support a targeted review by external experts and the implementation of their specific recommendations for improving profitability such as:
- developing new business models
- undertaking relevant research and development
- accessing training for strategic business development
- purchasing specific capital equipment for enhancing process efficiency or process capability.
Costs of routine business activities are noteligible for funding.
To be eligible to apply for assistance under the Business Transformation Voucher Program (BTVP), an applicant must:
- be a financially viable Australian manufacturing business with a majority of its business conducted in South Australia
- have been in operation for longer than 12 months
- submit a proposal that has been developed and co-endorsed by both the applicant and an eligible service provider
- commit matching funding with a financial contribution.
Application is on an ongoing basis.
- BTVP Guidelines