New and aspiring digital entrepreneurs in Brisbane are set for a boost with Lord Mayor Graham Quirk announcing a $50,000 initiative for start-ups.
The Lord Mayor’s Budding Entrepreneurs Program will provide funding to carefully selected individuals who have a passion for entrepreneurship and an idea for a tech start-up.
The program aims to stimulate greater levels of entrepreneurship among young people, providing practical support, training and encouragement to the most promising entrepreneurs as they explore opportunities to create high-growth, digital start-ups.
The Budding Entrepreneurs Program provides support to Brisbane start-ups for things like:
- Attendance at a start-up event or conference
- Professional business advice
- Membership of a start-up support program
- Entry into education programs
- Funding for trade missions
Who can apply?
Entrepreneurs aged 17 – 30 are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants must demonstrate they have an idea for a digital business, or a recently launched business that they would like to accelerate.
Applications will be screened against the following criteria:
- Brisbane resident
- Digital business
- Above the age of 17
- If an existing business, must be less than 12 months old and founded by the applicant
- Must be a Brisbane City rate payer or a dependent of a Brisbane City Rate payer
Applications now open. Applications close July 15.