What is the Building Projects Support Program?
The Building Projects Support Program is an initiative that provides funding for Tasmanian development projects with a construction value of at least $1 million.
The Tasmanian Government recognises the difficulty in getting some construction projects up and going in a COVID-19 environment.
The second $10 million round of the Building Projects Support Program will assist in getting some of these projects off the ground and provide a future pipeline for the Tasmanian construction sector and support jobs.
The program is a competitive merit based program. Those projects that can best demonstrate economic benefit through the construction phase, enduring benefits to the Tasmanian economy such as through employment, deliver community and social benefit and demonstrate impact due to COVID-19 will be preferred.
This Building Projects Support Program Round 2 will provide grants of up to 25 per cent (to a maximum of $1 million) of the total construction cost for projects with a minimum construction cost of $1 million. Projects must be able to commence within 12 months of receiving a grant. Applications outside these parameters may be eligible on a case-by-case basis and considered within the merit-based process.
- meet all statutory and regulatory approvals
- generally be able to substantially commence within 12 months of receiving grant approval
- demonstrate community benefits as well as broad economic or social benefits to Tasmania.
Applications must meet all of the eligibility criteria. If you are unsure about your ability to meet all aspects of the eligibility criteria you should contact Business Tasmania.
To be eligible applicants must:
- hold an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for GST
- own or lease a property in Tasmania that incorporates a proposed development project with a construction value of at least $2 million, noting Projects with a construction value below $2 million would need to demonstrate significant social and/or community benefit.
- have a development project that is generally able to commence construction within six months of receiving approval for a grant under the program
- have a development project that would not proceed or would be delayed without the grant funds requested in this program, and
- have the financial capacity to deliver the applicant’s contribution toward the project, meet project contingencies and have the operational capacity to manage the project through to completion.
Multiple applications may be submitted by the same applicant for different projects, however applicants should advise project priority as a maximum of $1 million per applicant is available under the program.
Local government and local government authorities are eligible to apply under the program.
Applications close 06 October 2021.