Funding is available to create new, or redevelop existing, tourism and cultural assets in Victoria.
Strategic Tourism and Cultural Assets infrastructure projects will create new, or redevelop existing, tourism and cultural assets. Projects seeking funding will need to demonstrate that they will have a beneficial impact on communities and surrounding regions, and support an improved experience for those who visit and reside in regional Victoria.
Developing cultural assets is crucial to ensuring the liveability of regional Victoria. Building Strategic Tourism & Cultural Assets funding will seek to improve the attractiveness and lifestyle benefits of regional Victoria by supporting projects that enhance the aesthetic and cultural vibrancy of communities and regions. Cultural assets are also important in attracting regional tourists, in supporting major events and festivals, and providing increased opportunities for ancillary spending within regional communities.
Regional tourism has significant impacts on the economy and employment opportunities within regional Victoria. Encouraging visitation to Victoria’s regions helps stimulate regional economic activity, attract private sector investment and ensure that regional economies are robust and diverse. Coupled with the enhancement of regional cultural assets, the Building Strategic Tourism and Cultural Assets sub-program aims to encourage varied and quality experiences for those visiting and residing in regional and rural Victoria.
Building Strategic Tourism & Cultural Assets grants may be provided for projects that:
- facilitate nature-based tourism opportunities including iconic walks and cycling trails
- develop major eco-tourism opportunities including alpine and coastal areas
- support or develop new iconic regional attractions
- drive increased visitation and yield
- support and expand performing arts centres or regional art galleries and/or
- enhance cultural opportunities for regional residents and visitors.
All Building Strategic Tourism and Cultural Asset sub-program applications will be considered on an individual basis and will need to address distinct criteria.
Criteria for cultural infrastructure projects may include how the project will:
- improve community connectedness
- improve cultural vibrancy and access of communities
- support and/or expand regional investment and business opportunities
- showcase regional cultural assets
- support and encourage services complementary to key infrastructure.
Criteria for strategic tourism projects may include how the project will:
- leverage private sector investment
- showcase regional natural assets
- support and encourage services complementary to key tourist infrastructure
- attract intrastate, interstate and international visitors
- increase tourism yield.
Prospective applicants will also be required to demonstrate the project’s ability to address each of the core economic infrastructure criteria outlined in the Economic Infrastructure Program guidelines.
Writing a good quality grant application is a critical element in the application process. An application needs to be well thought through, written concisely, have clear objectives and purpose, and show clear links to the objectives of the grant guidelines.
The grant application must answer all questions, provide all required information and respond to the merit criteria. It should also reflect your organisation’s business strategy.
Writing a good application takes time and effort, and requires particular writing skills.
Bulletpoint are expert grant consultants and can assist with all aspects of grant preparation. We are an independent grants consultancy and not affiliated, associated, endorsed by any government agency.
We know what it takes to secure this grant.
Call us on (03) 9005 6789 or email to discuss further.
The RDV Infrastructure team can be contacted on (03) 9452 5262 or via e-mail [email protected].