Up to $2M is available from Business Acceleration Grants to help businesses make the most of the economic growth opportunities available from the NDIS.
DSSU Business Acceleration Grants
The Disability Sector Scale-Up (DSSU) Business Acceleration Grants supports businesses and not-for-profit organisations that can provide new and innovative approaches to delivering outcomes for the state’s disability sector.
The Department of Industry is inviting proposals from organisations through the Business Acceleration Grants program.
The DSSU Business Acceleration Grants program aims to contribute to a strong and sustainable disability sector through improving:
- the commercial viability of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the disability sector and supply chain, including non-government organisations
- the adoption of innovative business models, practices and technologies by organisations in the disability sector
- economic opportunities for Aboriginal peoples, businesses and communities from the NDIS
- the delivery of the NDIS in NSW:
- in rural and remote areas
- to people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds
- to people requiring psychosocial support.
Three grants sizes are available for Respondents to apply for:
- Small Grants (up to $499,999)
- Medium Grants ($500,000 to $999,999)
- Large Grants ($1,000,000 to $1,999,999).
In order to be eligible to apply for ‘Round One’ of the DSSU – Business Acceleration Grants program, Respondents must:
- currently conduct business operations in New South Wales and/or currently employ people in New South Wales (whether incorporated in New South Wales or not); and
- be one of the following:
- registered corporation
- sole trader
- social enterprise, cooperative or trust
- peak body
- consortium (please note that one organisation must act as the lead organisation).
DoI welcomes Proposals from organisations who:
- are currently providing goods and/or services to NDIS Participants under the NDIS in the disability support sector
- are not currently operating in the disability support sector, but want to expand an existing business into the disability support sector to provide goods and/or services to NDIS Participants under the NDIS
- want to expand an existing business to support organisations who deliver goods and/or services to NDIS Participants under the NDIS.
Applications close 20 October 2017.