Up to $10,000 is available from Business Event Sponsorship to help businesses with the costs of hosting business events within the City of Melbourne.
Business Event Sponsorship
The Business Event Sponsorship program provides funding to support businesses hosting conferences, conventions, exhibitions and other business events.
Funding is open to businesses and organisations planning to hold business events within the City of Melbourne municipality. One funding round is available for business events sponsorship per financial year.
As well as helping to facilitate business networking opportunities and assisting delegates to experience all that the city has to offer, the program aims to attract visitors to the city and enhance Melbourne’s reputation as a ‘knowledge city’ and an international destination.
The program provides support to organisations delivering business events in line with the City of Melbourne’s objectives. The business event must:
- Increase economic impact for the city by attracting more visitors to Melbourne and promoting the city as a destination
- Foster a cohesive, smart community through events that encourage knowledge exchange, education and diversity
- Enhance the profile and reputation of Melbourne as a ‘knowledge city’ through media exposure and strategic association with excellent and innovative events
- Support businesses within the municipality through financial and in-kind investment in events that enhance their networks, income and profile
Sponsorships are offered each year up to the value of $10,000.
Events must take place between 1 July 2019 and 30 June 2020.
To be eligible for a Business event sponsorship you must:
- occur within the City of Melbourne municipality
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN).
- have documented evidence of an appropriate legal structure, such as a sole trader, an Australian registered company, business cooperative or partnership.
- demonstrate how the City of Melbourne will benefit from its proposal (please refer to the City of Melbourne Council Plan 2017–21).
- demonstrate sustainable business practices in line with the Australian ethical charter
- provide evidence of current public liability and professional indemnity insurance policies when requested
- have no outstanding acquittals or debts to the City of Melbourne.
Applications close 30 April 2019.