What is the Business Events Advance Program?
The Business Events Advance Program is a grant opportunity that aims to support business event organisers with marketing and distribution activities.
The Business Events Advance Program provides funding and the opportunity for Australian industry to leverage Tourism Australia’s international marketing and distribution expertise to increase the number and value of business events for Australia, and to deliver best-practice marketing to grow international delegate attendance at confirmed international business events taking place in Australia.
Funding is provided in alignment with Tourism Australia’s business events’ strategy, and events that align with trade priority sectors will be highly considered. Trade and investment priority areas are:
- food and agribusiness
- advanced manufacturing
- resources and energy
- international health
- services and disruptive technologies.
The minimum request per project is A$10,000 and applicants must provide a matched direct financial contribution for all projects.
The Business Events Advance Program will support activity including:
- Content creation and collateral including video and still photography
- Marketing assets for international bidding and for the conversion of new international business events
- Unique and strategic delegate boosting initiatives for a specific confirmed event/s in Australia
- Digital marketing activity including social media or website enhancements
- Communication activity such as direct mail, microsites, public relations activity or editorial coverage
- Media buy and marketing campaigns with amplification strategies
- Virtual reality and online site inspections
- Podcasts and audio interview series
- Qualified distribution and business development activity
- Activations in market for events where potential international delegates can be influenced to travel to Australia or to drive conversion
To be eligible, applicants must:
- have legal capacity to be able to enter into an agreement with Tourism Australia
- be registered in Australia
- not be insolvent and be in good financial standing
- comply with all applicable Australian laws, including those that relate to work health and safety, and privacy
- have at least 12 months demonstrated business events experience in international markets.
Applications will be assessed against mandatory eligibility criteria to ensure activities:
- align with Tourism Australia’s business events strategy
- have the potential to influence decision makers of international business events and/or convert new international business events for Australia
- have the potential to attract international visitors to Australia for confirmed international business events
- have a minimum funding request of A$10,000
- have a matched direct financial contribution by the applicant for all requests
- take place in the 2022/23 financial year, with all projects complete by 30 June 2023.
Applications close 10 June 2022.