What is the Emerging Exporter Grants?
The Emerging Exporter Grants is a program to help first-time exporters with the costs of their first business connection, trade show or business mission.
Emerging Exporter is a component of the SA Export Accelerator Program and provides South Australian businesses who want to export internationally with funding to help cover the costs of their first business connection, trade show or business mission.
This is a competitive program that is awarded based on the merit of applications.
Emerging Exporter Grants provide up to $5,000 to businesses that are new to export and are attending their first business connection, trade show or business mission.
Funding is available for eligible activities, including:
- marketing materials
- market research
- e-commerce development
- export training and consulting
- participation in international tradeshows and trade missions
- inbound business support
- travel and accommodation costs.
Applicants can receive the grant if they meet all the core program eligibility criteria, additionally; an applicant must also:
- Be new to international export
- Have an annual turnover between $50,000 and $1 million
- Be a registered South Australian business and a sole trader, company, partnership or trust
- Have an ABN and be registered for GST
- Have been actively trading for at least 12 months
- Have a tradeable, export-ready good or service that is made in South Australia (refer to page 13 of the SAEA Program Guidelines)
- Be able to enter into a legally binding funding agreement with the South Australian Government
- Be willing to provide information and data, including financial information as required
- Be able to commit and contribute 1:1 matched funds towards the proposed costs
- Provide at least one set of recent full financial statements prepared in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards, inclusive of but not limited to a Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Statement.
If successful, an Emerging Exporter Grant will only cover eligible costs incurred up to six months prior to, and 12 months following the closing date of the round in which the application is successful.
Applications close 14 August 2020.