Up to $10,000 is available to help culturally diverse seniors get involve and participate in the community.
Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) Seniors Grants Program offers grants to organisations to create or expand social participation opportunities for socially isolated CALD seniors.
The program is delivered in partnership with the Ethnic Communities’ Council of Victoria (ECCV).
Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) Seniors Grants Program help seniors from CALD backgrounds who are socially isolated to connect to new or existing social networks and activities through innovative community projects.
Grants will be awarded for projects of 12 months in duration.
There are two categories of grants:
- Grants up to $5,000 are available for projects that aim to increase the participation of isolated seniors in activities at ethnic and multicultural clubs/groups.
- Grants up to $10,000 are available for more complex projects that work to reduce isolation by creating partnerships between organisations or developing the capacity and skills of the isolated seniors participating in the project.
Projects can range from events, cultural activities, social outings, classes and information sessions, as well as organising help with transport for seniors who find it difficult to leave home.
It is important that applications tell about:
- the ethnicity or cultural background of the isolated seniors
- how the project will identify isolated CALD seniors and what is the organisation’s existing relationship with them
- what you will do to engage isolated CALD seniors to participate in your activities
- how you plan to continue your project activities after the 12-month funding period.
Any incorporated organisation is eligible to apply. Non-incorporated organisations may apply in partnership with an incorporated organisation, which will manage the project funds. Organisations that have applied for this program in the past are welcome to apply again and only one application can be accepted for each organisation.
Contact the Ethnic Communities’ Council of Victoria (ECCV) for help to find a potential partner organisation.
Application closes 24 February 2017.