What is Camping and Caravan Grants?
The Camping and Caravan Grants is an initiative to support Crown land managers to provide quality and affordable visitor accommodation for visitors to Victoria’s coastline or many diverse regional and rural areas of Victoria.
The program will:
- improve park amenities and landscaping and revegetation
- increase the number of casual sites available
- promote local indigenous people’s stories and culture
- increase accessibility and signage for culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities
- support land acquisition where benefits align with program objectives
Camping and Caravan grants is a $7.1 million grants package with up to $2.6 million available in Round 1, and up to $2 million available in both Round 2 and 3.
- Grants between $5,000 to $200,000 will be awarded.
- Projects must be completed no later than 12 months from the grant being awarded.
- Complex or multi-phased projects may be eligible to apply to more than one grant round.
- Where required, applications must demonstrate some contribution; either financial or in-kind.
In-kind contributions will be assessed at $30 per hour.
The following types of activities and projects are eligible for funding:
- amenity block upgrades
- signage and visitor experience information showcasing local aboriginal history and culture
- culturally and linguistically diverse communities (CALD) signage
- accessibility improvements
- revegetation and landscaping
- increasing number of powered sites
- formalisation of powered/unpowered sites
- development of new sites within reserve
- works required to meet current building and waste regulations (e.g. septic tanks, fire hose reels)
The program is open to Crown land caravan and camping managers to support them in improving the quality and capacity of natural and built assets within their reserves.
The program will also support exploration of land acquisition, for land adjoining a current reserve, where the benefits align with the program objectives. The program is administered by the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) and is open to Crown land committees of management, including local councils and Parks Victoria, in the state of Victoria.
Applications close 16 December 2019.