Up to $40,000 is available to improve local football infrastructure, increase participation and ensure clubs are supported to succeed.
The Community Football Infrastructure Program (CFIP) will partner with the local football community to deliver improvements in football infrastructure to support and strengthen the sport’s participation, accessibility and sustainability.
This is an ACT Government grant program administered by Active Canberra.
The primary objective of the CFIP is to provide financial assistance to partner with eligible football clubs for infrastructure developments or facility-related assets/equipment that will support participation and development of local football and the sustainability of clubs.
The intended outcomes of the CFIP are to:
- develop or enhance football facilities that will assist to increase community access and participation opportunities;
- partner with local football clubs to improve the standard of facilities to support athlete and participation development;
- encourage the development of practical, multi-functional, energy and water efficient, low maintenance facilities that are not harmful to the environment;
- improve the safety of existing facilities in the ACT; and
- enhance the sustainability of local football clubs.
- The Minister for Sport and Recreation is responsible for the final endorsement of all recommendations for the CFIP. The Minister has the capacity to waive any of the conditions of the CFIP to allow funding of a worthy activity to proceed.
Clubs/organisations can apply for financial assistance of up to $40,000 from the Community Football Infrastructure Program (CFIP).
The funding available is limited and as such, all applications will be assessed on relative merit. It is not possible to approve all requests for assistance, therefore grant funding should not be deemed automatic or anticipated.
Any organisation applying for funding under the CFIP must:
- provide a minimum of one quote (preferably two) outlining all costs associated with the proposed infrastructure development or asset purchase;
- be incorporated in the ACT under, either the Associations Incorporation Act 1991, or the Corporations Act 2001 (Commonwealth) with it’s principal place of business in the ACT;
- be a club, or representative of a club, based within the ACT and affiliated to the recognised peak body for football, Capital Football;
- have current Public Liability Insurance coverage to a minimum level of $10,000,000;
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN);
- be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST) if applicable (if turnover is greater than $150,000 per annum); and
- have compliance requirements under the Associations Incorporation Act 1991 up to date; and
- have satisfactorily acquitted any previous grants provided by Active Canberra, including financial acquittals for any other ACT Government agency grant.
Applications close 12 August 2016.
- CFIP Guidelines