What is the Collie Futures Industry Development Fund?
The Collie Futures Industry Development Fund (CFIDF) is a grant opportunity to help businesses to develop and expand industries and create job opportunities.
The Collie Futures Industry Development Fund is designed to develop new industries and expand existing industries in the Collie region to create more job opportunities for local people and diversify the local economy. Successful projects will be those able to demonstrate a significant and sustainable impact on the local economy by increasing productivity and creating jobs.
The CFIDF will focus on the following sectors where the Collie region has strength and growth prospects:
- aged and health care
- coal-related industries
- forest products
- manufacturing and professional services
- mineral processing
The Collie Futures Fund is being delivered through two key programs:
- Collie Futures Small Grants Program – Up to $100,000 available per initiative
- Collie Futures Industry Development Fund – Up to $2 million in matched funding available
The Collie Futures Industry Development Fund will focus on developing new industries and expanding existing industries in the Collie region. The anticipated outcomes of the program are a significant increase in the:
- number and diversity of job opportunities;
- productivity of business and industries; and
- scale and diversity of the economic base.
The State Government is opening doors for industry by offering up to $2 million in matched funding in support of industry-led projects setting up or expanding in Collie.
Project proposals that will be considered for funding include activities that aim to:
- develop and commercialise new industries and business opportunities, including demonstration or pilot plants
- integrate new technology to improve productivity of existing businesses or enables the development of new businesses
- improve the infrastructure, plant or equipment that supports the development of new businesses or improves innovation and productivity of existing businesses
- develop common-user infrastructure that addresses local infrastructure challenges that impact industry productivity or expansion, for example water, energy or transport infrastructure
To be eligible for consideration, an application must be made online using the SmartyGrants Portal established for the Collie Futures Industry Development Fund and:
- clearly demonstrate alignment of the proposal outcomes with the above objectives of the Collie Futures Fund;
- clearly demonstrate impact on the regional economy within a journey-to-work zone of up to 50 kilometres from the Collie townsite;
- include a summary project plan, including high-level project outcomes and deliverables, a timeline, details of the project budget, resources, risks, statutory approval requirements, stakeholder engagement and evaluation (note funded activities must be completed within 2 years of the funding agreement being signed);
- be seeking up to a maximum of $2 million Collie Futures Fund funding and include a funding contribution from the applicant (all Collie Futures Fund funding must be matched by a minimum, secured cash co-contribution of $1 for every $1 funded); and
- be made by a valid legal entity that can enter into a funding agreement with the Western Australian Government.
Applications will be primarily considered from private sector businesses, including small to medium sized businesses. However, applications will also be considered from local government authorities, business and industry groups (such as industry peak bodies and business associations), not-for-profit organisations and community groups with a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN).
Applications open on an ongoing basis.