Community Digital Champions provides opportunities for volunteers to share their experiences and encourage others in the community to explore the benefits digital technologies can bring to their lives.
Advance Queensland Community Digital Champions
The Advance Queensland Community Digital Champions program is an initiative of the Queensland Government. It aims to encourage Queenslanders to explore and enjoy the benefits of the digital age through the stories and activities of inspirational Champions.
Advance Queensland Community Digital Champion is looking for outstanding individuals who are passionate digital advocates, wanting to give back
and inspire their communities.
Community Digital Champions:
- exemplify the benefits offered by the digital world and inspire others to take part
- voluntarily educate and/or encourage Queenslanders to be digitally active
- play a key role in their community and have the ability to make a positive impact – raising digital awareness and digital confidence through the promotion of their personal ‘journey’ and voluntary activities that support digital engagement
- are currently conducting voluntary activities, or will undertake voluntary activities, that contribute to increased digital awareness and uptake of digital technologies by Queenslanders
- are motivated by the knowledge and support they can give to their community, and want to help Queensland to thrive in the global digital
Voluntary activities undertaken should be free or very low-cost for participants, to ensure accessibility for all.
As a Champion, you can help Queenslanders to improve their digital literacy skills, understand digital technologies and simply get online. You will be a positive role model for your community, and your voluntary activities will showcase regional efforts to improve digital awareness, adoption and connectivity.
The role will allow you to:
- engage with other Champions across the state
- foster new collaborations and networks
- profile your Champion related work, including your nominator’s support.
The position is for a 12-month period.
- The program is open to individuals (not organisations) based in Queensland.
- There are no age restrictions, however people under the age of 18 must provide parent or guardian consent on the nomination form.
- The program is not open to consultants or individuals perceived to be focused on the benefit and promotion of their business, organisation or personal pursuits over the broader community contribution made to Queensland.
- Nominees (potential Champions) must be able to demonstrate the social or community benefit of their activities.
- Nominees must be currently conducting voluntary activities – or will do so if selected as a Champion – that significantly contribute to raising digital awareness and confidence, encouraging online participation and uptake of digital technologies and solutions.
- Activities undertaken as part of paid employment are not considered to be Champion-based voluntary activities.
Nominations are now open.