What is the Connected Communities Small Grants?
The Connected Communities Grants is a program to support community connection, social inclusion, access and participation for City of Melbourne residents. Funding may prioritise, but is not limited to, supporting vulnerable communities.
Connected Communities Small Grants allow the City of Melbourne to:
- increase community participation, connection, equity diversity and inclusion
- empower community to identify and respond to local issues and priorities
Applications for Connected Communities Small Grants funding can be made for any value up to $1550.
To be eligible to apply for fundins, applications must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant organisations must be a not-for-profit constituted body or a school. Auspiced applications are not permitted in this program.
- Applicant organisations must be located within, or offer the project within, the City of Melbourne municipality with benefits for local people.
- Funded activities must create opportunities for community members to experience greater connection to their community, or provide greater access, inclusion or participation opportunities for community members.
- Applications are accepted for core operating costs of local volunteer-based community organisations
whose work aligns with the goals of the City of Melbourne.
Funding will not be considered for:
- activities with a religious or political focus
- capital works
- commercial activities and/or organisations
- fundraising activities, competitions, prizes or award events
- interstate and international travel costs including travel costs for facilitators/consultants
- activities that have already commenced or occurred
- activities that are being, or have already been, funded through other City of Melbourne grant or sponsorship programs
- activities run by the City of Melbourne
- organisations with outstanding acquittals or debts owing to the City of Melbourne
- incomplete applications
- late submissions
Due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19, grant applications must mention how the proposed project will be delivered with changing restrictions in mind. Applications must include COVID-19 mitigation in project planning and delivery that addresses current Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) advice.
Applications close 20 July 2020.