Up to $30,000 is available from Contemporary Music Touring Program to help musicians with touring costs to perform around Australia,.
Contemporary Music Touring Program
The Contemporary Music Touring Program (CMTP) supports national touring by Australian musicians performing original modern music. It provides travel costs for artists and their managers for tours in Australia that include shows in regional and remote areas.
The Contemporary Music Touring Program (CMTP) provides travel support of up to $15,000 for artists and their manager for tours in Australia that include performances in regional and remote areas. Up to an additional $15,000 can be requested for tours that meet the conditions for TRAX funding
Peers will assess your application against:
- the calibre of the artists and arts workers involved, and the quality of the music
- contributions to growth of Australian culture in regional Australia
- whether the tour extends to regional Australia
- realistic and logical budgeting and touring
- support from other sources.
Under the CMTP performances of original Australian contemporary music can include a wide range of different musical styles.
Applications must contain one tour only. The tour must comprise of performances in at least three venues outside of the performer’s hometown and must include at least one performance in a non-metropolitan area. Tours that include a majority of regional destinations or assist performers from regional areas are a priority for funding.
Additional TRAX funding is available for tours where over 75% of the itinerary is to remote and/or very remote locations. The Accessibility/Remoteness Index of Australia (ARIA) helps determine the regional and remote reach of the tour.
Joint tours, where two or more independent performers are undertaking the same tour itinerary, are eligible under this program. These should be submitted as a single application. In such cases, the funding cap of $15,000 still applies (unless the tour is eligible for additional TRAX funding).
To be eligible, you must:
- be either a:
- touring musician performing original Australian modern music
- performer, manager, agent or music network applying on behalf of professionals working in the Australian music industry
- not have received a grant, or administered a grant, from the Australia Council in the past where the grant hasn’t been satisfactorily acquitted
- not owe money to the Australia Council
Applications close 1 October 2019.